The calamity of Donald Trump’s withdrawal from northern Syria is hard to overstate.
- More than 160,000 people have fled the region.
- A Kurdish politician and at least ten others have been killed.
- Hundreds of fighters from the self-declared Islamic State (ISIS) — which the Kurds did more than anyone to defeat — have been freed from prison.
- Trump doesn’t care, saying, “They’re going to be escaping to Europe.” No matter that’s where America’s best friends are, or used to be.
- Turkey has attacked an American commando outpost in Syria.
- Abandoned by the West, the Kurds are appealing to Bashar Assad and his patron, Vladimir Putin, for help. Read more “Trump’s Withdrawal from Syria Is a Disaster”