The Atlantic Sentinel is Nick Ottens‘ opinion blog and newsletter about the politics of France, the Netherlands, Spain and the United States. You are reading the blog. Find the newsletter on Substack.
Nick has reported from Amsterdam, Barcelona and New York for various Dutch- and English-language media, including the Atlantic Council, EUobserver, NRC, Trouw, World Politics Review and Wynia’s Week. He is a member of the Netherlands’ liberal party, VVD, and its Liberal Green network.
Click here to learn more.
Click here to see who else writes here.
You can reach Nick at email@example.com. Consult the contact information page for details.
- 2012 American presidential primaries: Jon Huntsman (Republican)
- 2013 German election: Angela Merkel (Christian Democratic Union)
- 2014 Swedish election: John Fredrik Reinfeldt (Moderate Party)
- 2014 Indian election: Narendra Modi (Bharatiya Janata Party)
- 2015 British election: Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition
- 2015 Spanish election: People’s Party-Citizens coalition
- 2016 British EU referendum: Remain
- 2016 American presidential election: Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
- 2017 French presidential election: Emmanuel Macron
- 2017 British election: Liberal Democrats and Scottish Conservatives
- 2017 German election: Free Democrats
- 2018 Italian election: Democrats
- Apr 2019 Spanish election: Pedro Sánchez (Socialist Party)
- Nov 2019 Spanish election: Regional parties
- 2019 British election: Liberal Democrats
- 2020 American presidential election: Joe Biden (Democrat)
- 2021 German election: Free Democrats
- 2022 French presidential election: Emmanuel Macron
- 2023 Spanish election: Pedro Sánchez (Socialist Party)
Click here to subscribe to the Atlantic Sentinel newsletter.
The Atlantic Sentinel publishes guest contributions. Click here to submit a story or op-ed.
© 2023 Atlantic Sentinel. All rights reserved. No material from this website may be republished, rewritten or redistributed without permission. Which we usually give, but please ask first.