The Atlantic Sentinel is a transatlantic opinion website, founded and edited by Nick Ottens. Our mission is to inform American readers about European politics and vice versa.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consult the contact information page for details.
- Ryan Bohl
- David Downing
- Christian FitzHugh
- Steve Keller
- Kristijonas Medelis
- Ainslie Noble
- Nemanja Popović
- James R. Pritchett
- Shaun Riordan
- Joseph Shupac
- András Tóth-Czifra
- The Atlantic Sentinel resists sweeping change. We believe the center must hold and that progress is made incrementally.
- We value individual liberty as well as a sense of belonging and believe the challenge in our politics is finding a balance between those needs.
- We are confident free enterprise and free trade have proven themselves over dirigisme and protectionism, but we see a role for the state in providing for the common good.
- We recognize that states act in their own interests, but we don’t accept that international relations are a zero-sum game. We support liberal institutions that regulate the affairs of nations.
The Atlantic Sentinel has made the following endorsements:
- 2012 American presidential primaries: Jon Huntsman (Republican)
- 2013 German election: Angela Merkel (Christian Democratic Union)
- 2014 Swedish election: John Fredrik Reinfeldt (Moderate Party)
- 2014 Indian election: Narendra Modi (Bharatiya Janata Party)
- 2015 British election: Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition
- 2015 Spanish election: People’s Party-Citizens coalition
- 2016 British EU referendum: Remain
- 2016 American presidential election: Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
- 2017 French presidential election: Emmanuel Macron
- 2017 British election: Liberal Democrats and Scottish Conservatives
- 2017 German election: Free Democrats
- 2018 Italian election: Democrats
- Apr 2019 Spanish election: Pedro Sánchez (Socialist Party)
- Nov 2019 Spanish election: Regional parties
- 2019 British election: Liberal Democrats
We have a weekly newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
Click here to learn more about submitting a story or op-ed.
© 2020 Atlantic Sentinel. All rights reserved. No material from this website may be republished, rewritten or redistributed without permission. Which we usually give, but please ask first.