- Bernie Sanders has made it official and is running for the Democratic nomination a second time.
- New Jersey governor Phil Murphy has endorsed Cory Booker, the junior senator from his state.
- Tim Walz, the governor of Minnesota, has endorsed his state’s Amy Klobuchar.
- Kamala Harris has won the endorsement of Governor Gavin Newsom and a slew of California state legislators.
- Klobuchar is not endorsing Medicare-for-all and free college education, positioning herself as a “straight-talking moderate“.
- Peter Beinart on Sanders’ anti-exceptionalist foreign policy.
- Josh Putnam on the difficulties in Harris locking down California.
- Axios on Republicans grabbing socialism as a 2020 lifeline.
- NBC on Sanders’ two challenges: competing in a crowded left-wing field and convincing rank-and-file Democrats to support an independent.
The Atlantic Sentinel is supported by readers. You can make a donation on PayPal or subscribe to my newsletter on Substack for €5 or $5 per month.