- Germany could see a three-party “Jamaica” coalition after its election on Sunday.
- Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union lost support but are still the largest party.
- The Social Democrats (SPD) suffered an historic defeat and have ruled out continuing the left-right “grand coalition”.
- The far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) has become the third party with strong support from the formerly communist East.
- The liberal Free Democratic Party (FDP) returned to parliament after falling under the electoral threshold in 2013.
Subscribe to the Atlantic Sentinel newsletter on Substack.