Skip to content
- Prime Minister Mark Rutte won the parliamentary elections in the Netherlands on Wednesday. Preliminary results put his liberal party in the lead to form the next government.
- The Christian Democrats, liberal Democrats and nationalist Freedom Party would share second place.
- The Greens have overtaken Labor as the largest party on the left.
- Given that all major parties have ruled out a pact with the Freedom Party, a coalition of four or five parties close to the center is expected to come to power.
- Turnout was 80 percent, the highest in three decades.