- Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn has lost the support of many of his lawmakers in the wake of Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
- Angela Eagle is expected to challenge Corbyn. Coming from the soft left of the party, she could be a unifying figure.
- The Conservatives are looking for a new leader of their own after David Cameron announced he is stepping down as prime minister.
- Boris Johnson, a top contender, has won the support of Justice Secretary Michael Gove, a fellow Euroskeptic.
- Other candidates include Stephen Crabb, Sajid Javid and Theresa May.
The Atlantic Sentinel is supported by readers. Become a paying subscriber on Substack for €5 (= $5) per month and you will receive my stories by email. You can also follow the Atlantic Sentinel on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Tumblr.