Skip to content
- Germany could see a three-party “Jamaica” coalition after its election on Sunday.
- Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats lost support but are still the largest party.
- The Social Democrats suffered an historic defeat and have ruled out continuing the left-right “grand coalition”.
- The far-right Alternative for Germany has become the third largest party with strong support from the formerly communist East.
- The liberal Free Democrats, Greens and far-left Die Linke share fourth place.